Campaign dates: 18 June 2021 – 14 February 2022
- If you can’t go to the Eiffel Tower, come to the East Rand Mall Museum
- If you can’t see the real Mona Lisa, come to the East Rand Mall Museum.
East Rand Mall brings an entire experience to entertain young and old with a unique, one of its kind Mall Museum with more than 80 internationally acclaimed art replicas on display for free enjoyment and education from 18 June 2021- 14 February 2022.
As they say… all roads lead to Rome – the East Rand Mall Museum art welcomes shoppers with world icon replicas from around the world. Find the Mona Lisa
(By Leonardo da Vinci) or the Girl with the Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer, dated 1665 viewing in our H& M passage and the Eiffel Tower at the Truworths passage and any more other world attractions are available throughout the Mall. Floor decals indicating art facts and directions to many famous replicas.
- The Jet / Woolworths Court is where the apostles have taken a seat for their “Last Supper” with other various paints.
- The Clicks court welcomes you to the Blue Mosque.
- The Food Court area is home to the 4 digital screens which have displayed the museum’s full facts and animations, where shoppers can tune into a radio channel once connected to the WIFI to listen to the facts and museum specifics.
- Otherworld iconic paintings can be found at Entrance 1, 2,3, & 4
Visit our Local Gallery
Covid-19 protocols in place, when visiting other attractions found in the ex-Standard Bank premises located at entrance 4 near Ster-Kinekor remember to still wear your mask even when you are inside the museum and keep your distance. A vacant store near the Banking Court will be home to some of the local art from local artists, and where some local art can be purchased from the gallery. At the end of the exhibition period, all local art will be auctioned all funds will be donated to a charity selected by East Rand Mall.
- Local Art displayed: Over 50
- Location: Entrance 4 near Ster-Kinekor theatre and at the Banking Court.
Trading hours of the Gallery
- Mon – Closed
- Tuesday – Thursday– 10am- 4pm
- Friday – Saturday– 10am- 5pm
- Sunday – 10am-3pm
Graffiti Artist / Caricature
Once a week, East Rand Mall will invite the public to enjoy the different art rendered by local artists at no cost who will come to the mall and set up an exhibition to display their art and get support or donations from the public.
East Rand Mall is proud to present the first-ever Museum to the public, as part of this concept the Mall will be hosting an Art competition to showcase the local East Rand talent. A total of 15 schools in the surrounding area have been selected to join this art adventure. This competition is in conjunction with DR. E.G. Jansen and Krispy Kreme. The selected Schools will be required to submit art from pupils in grades 3- 7 which will be displayed inside a vacant shopfront for the duration of the competition.
- 18 August – September 2021 Entry submissions
- 1 October – 30 November 2021 – Displaying of Entries
- 2 – 5 November 2021 – Judging of Entries
- 8 December 2021 – Winner Announcement publication post on Social Media – https://www.facebook.com/EastRandMall
Find your school art at the following locations in the Mall:
Entrance 4 Near Samsonite & Sport Scene
- Crystal Park Primary School
- Parkrand Primary School
Entrance 4 Next door to Old Khaki
- Laerskool Dalview
- Laerskool Concordia
A vacant store to House & Home at Entrance 2
- Summerfield Primary School
Store Next to Factorie and Queenspark
- Lakeside Primary School
Entrance 2/3 Near Foto First and Contempo
- Laerskool Elspark
- Parkdene Primary School
- Wit deep Primary School
- Van Dyk Primary School
- Laerskool Witfield
- Freeway Primary School
- Impala Primary School
Competition Terms & Conditions Apply
Click here for East Rand Mall- School Competition Terms & Conditions
School Competition – Prizes up for Grabs:
The Winning School – R10 000 East Rand Mall Gift Card
1st Prize – R5,000 East Rand Mall Gift Card, A Dozen original glazed doughnuts every month for 6 months.
2nd Prize – R3,000 East Rand Mall Gift Card, A Dozen original glazed doughnuts every month for 3 months.
3rd Prize – R2,000 East Rand Mall Gift Card, A Dozen original glazed doughnuts.
Here’s how the public is reacting to the Museum
- “What will the mall do with the paintings after the exhibition is over”
- “Are we allowed to buy the exhibited art”
- “The East Rand Mall Museum makes me feel like I’m in Europe”
- “The Mona Lisa and her beauty is quite a big thing”
- “Where do we go to hand in my art”
*East Rand Mall can change or amend any of the above competitions without prior notice*